The two suspects who were previously arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of Shawn Albert, have been released from police custody according to senior police source.
The men were reportedly arrested during a police operation at the Onderneeming Sandpit community last week Wednesday, September 15th. Police in an earlier release on the arrests, said that the men were arrested based on intel provided by an informant.
This publication was told that the men had denied their involvement in the murder, and had provided alibies to confirm there whereabouts at the time of Albert’s murder. This publication understands that those alibies were consistent with the men’s claims, and they were subsequently released.
A senior police source told Big Smith News Watch that there is a new development in the case, as a new person of interest is being sought.
Albert, also known as Dexter, was shot during an armed robbery on August 29th, while selling pastries within the Onderneeming Sandpit community. During the robbery, the suspects made of with $60,000 to $70,000 in cash. A post-mortem examination conducted on the body of the thirty-nine-year-old, revealed that he died as a result of ‘gunshot injuries to the chest.’