To culminate its activities for Tourism Awareness Month 2022 under the theme “All Sectors, One Tourism,” the Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA) on Wednesday evening hosted its Annual Awards Ceremony. The event saw many tour operators, accommodation providers and other stakeholders in the industry being awarded for the stellar service they provide.
Addressing the gathering at the Pegasus Hotel, Minister of Tourism, Industry and Commerce, Oneidge Walrond said it is important to honour those who contribute to improving Guyana’s tourism product.
“It is unquestionable that Guyana’s Tourism offerings have been growing from strength to strength. However, the success of the destination is linked to the quality of service and innovation of service providers and facilities,” she said.
Already she said, visitor numbers to Guyana have exceeded pre-COVID levels and this is expected to further increase with the commencement of flights by the UK airline – British Airways.
Those awarded during the event are as follows:
- Best New Tourism Product/Experience of the Year – Rainforest Tours by Wanderlust Adventures GY
- Best Emerging Tour Guide – Cherry-Ann Greene
- Best Senior Tour Guide – Jamal Thomas
- Best In Tours: Tour Operator/Outfitter/Destination Management Company – Ride Along GY
- Best in Accommodation: Hotel of the Year – Pegasus Hotel Guyana
- Best in Accommodation: Interior Lodge or Resort of the Year – Aruwai Enterprise Inc
- Best in Dining: Restaurant of the Year – Bistro Cafe & Bar
- Best Tourism Community of the Year – Paruima Village
- Best in Service Excellence and Hospitality – Wanderlust Adventures GY
- Tourism Investment of the Year – Pegasus Suites & Corporate Centre
- Most Outstanding Contribution to Tourism by an NGO/Company/Individual – Annette Arjoon-Martins
- Best in Sustainable Tourism – Iwokrama
- Tourism Business of the Year Award – Wanderlust Adventures GYs